STUDENT APPLICATION TO JOIN UPPSALA UNIVERSITY DELEGATION AT THE 24TH CONFERENCE OF THE PARTIES IN KATOWICE,
3 – 14TH DECEMBER
Deadline: Sunday 23rd of September, 2018 (at 6 PM)
Send your application to: email@example.com
The 24th Climate Change Conference for the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change will be held in Katowice, Poland from 3rd to 14th December, 2018. Uppsala University has status as observer organization and will be sending a delegation to the conference. We are now calling upon engaged and motivated students in Uppsala to apply to join the delegation as Uppsala University’s representatives at the negotiations. This delegation is a part of Uppsala University’s ongoing involvement in the UN level climate negotiations, building on the Zennström climate change professorship and Uppsala University’s long tradition of student-leadership and active student participation.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to take part in a process that is of paramount importance and build on the work of previous delegations’ involvement in these UN negotiations. This will also be a chance to engage the Uppsala University community in the conference outcomes and experiences.
Apply by providing a CV and a brief personal statement (no more than 2 pages) that addresses the following questions:
- Who are you? Tell us about yourself and your background.
- What are your intellectual and academic interests at the moment?
- Are you involved in any activities/initiatives that have a connection to climate change issues?
- Why do you want to go to climate change conference in Katowice?
- How does participating in the conference fit in with your professional interests and trajectory in life?
- How would you propose to collaboratively prepare, connect, and also feed-back with others at Uppsala University and in Uppsala that are interested in climate change and the negotiations, but not able not able to join the delegation?
Please also include the following information in your application: complete name, date of birth, Swedish permanent or temporary personal number, nationality, passport number and country of issue, dates which you are able to attend the conference, email address. Send your personal statement, along with your transcript of records (showing which courses you have been enrolled in and passed) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered to join the delegation as a student, you will need to be enrolled at Uppsala University. In forming our delegation, we are looking to create a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team of students. Note that a selection to join the delegation does not entail funding for travel, food or housing. If you are selected and accept, you will need to commit to:
- participating in regular preparatory meetings during the autumn semester leading up to the COP in Katowice with the rest of the student and researcher delegation;
- actively participating in at least one of the two weeks of the conference (3-7 December and/or 10-14 December);
- being involved in organizing and contributing to events in Uppsala before, during, and after the event;
For questions and further information, contact:
Coordinator, Zennström Visiting Professorship in Climate Change Leadership
Centre for Environment and Development Studies (CEMUS) at Uppsala University and SLU
Tel: 018-471 2789